The last few weeks have been extremely tough on people. Many of my friends called or texted me and spoke about it. They were anxious and worried. Some were overthinking due to what's happening around. I didn't have answers. I could only listen with intent and provide comfort.
It's been tough on me as well to hear people in distress and how it's affecting them emotionally. But, these are uncertain times. Times to test our mettle and character. Times to test our camaraderie. Times in which we all can become a superhero/(ine)
I promise if you do these, you'll be hailed as one.
1. Be sensible. Help yourself. Mask Up. Stay Put. Unless extremely necessary do not venture out. The world has adjusted to staying inside.
Don't be reckless. You don't just put yourself in trouble but others too..
God helps those who help themselves.
2. Be kind. Help others. Remember, we are all in the same storm but not the same boat. There are many who are not as fortunate as you are.
If you are more fortunate than the others then build a longer table not a taller fence.
Help the ones to see through these tough times. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to earn some good Karma points.
Tip: I don't miss an opportunity to help the ones who are in need. If you want to, then here is an opportunity.
Donate and spread the message: https://www.impactguru.com/fundra.../donate-to-ayaansh-gupta
3. Stay connected. Be social. Of course virtually. These are uncertain times. You never know how your one text/call can help someone.
Everyone is fighting a battle we don't know. Be a shoulder if you can.
Value relationships and your community. Also, there is no shame in asking for help. Only the brave and the strong can be vulnerable.
Tip: I text people randomly/frequently to check on them. Knowing they are doing well makes me feel good.
4. Give your mind some rest. Now is the right time to tell this to ourselves.
“Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.” ~ Osho
Do not overthink. Create a thoughts journal. And see how many things you thought never really happened. We suffer more in imagination, than in reality.
Tip: I have scheduled slots in the day where I don't do anything. Just sit in silence. My thoughts go crazy but later they just settle down. I can hear my heartbeat more than I can visualise my thoughts.
5. Complain less, thank more. You don't want to put yourself or others through negativity. Make the space you occupy on earth, worthwhile and joyful for people around.
Gratitude improves quality of living.
Start writing a gratitude journal.
Tip: I don't sleep without thanking God and universe for giving me what I have.
6. Judge less unless your seat is in the courts, my lords.
No one is paying you for your opinion of them. So take a chill pill.
Tip: When feeling the urge to judge just yourself "Who knows what's their story?". This will make you feel you don't have enough data/info to judge accurately.
7. Value time. Do the important things. Live, love, laugh, pray, help.
Tomorrow is not guaranteed but this moment is. Put it to the best use.
Tip: Decide for yourself. If you can't decide then read my blogs and share with your network.
Do the above for next 8 weeks and see your life transform significantly. Not just in your personal life but even at work. Not just with your close ones but even with strangers.
Track your progress on these on a weekly basis. Be a better version of yourself.
Needless to say, if you feel like talking to someone, I'm here.